Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vacation


I'm back!  I have returned from a wonderful Mexican vacation with my groom.  We celebrated 15 years of marriage (technically our anniversary isn't until May) down in Cabo with lots of sun, fun and relaxation. We stayed at an all-inclusive and ate way too much food, but hey what's vacation for?!

I loved getting dressed up for dinner at night, although somehow I was still a little overdressed even with a dress code (which no one really seemed to follow).  In this particular picture we had forgotten to put our shoes on first.   It seemed I still had my soft winter feet because my wedge sandals were killing me. I actually bought this pink dress at Christmas time and wore it with black tights and ankle booties.  I knew it would be great for vacation as well as spring and summer.

Here's a picture from Valentine's Day dinner.  The resort staff did a great job of decorating with ice sculptures and balloon arches that night.  The evening temps. would get in the low 60's, so I was glad I packed enough cardigans to throw over my dresses. Bright solid color cardigans are a closet staple for me (another Christmas dress).

We spent one afternoon in town shopping after our snorkeling excursion.  This picture was taken on the third floor of the mall.  As my husband told me, I can find a mall anywhere. =)  I bought this Esprit tunic late summer on clearance and generally wear it over white jeans, but it worked perfect for a cover up too!

It was so great to get away, but there's no place like home. I'm back in full swing, so contact me if you need help getting your wardrobe ready for an upcoming vacation,  kate@steenwykbuilders.com
It's also not too early to start thinking about Spring updates for your closet and getting rid of those winter pieces you haven't worn in a few years now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment