If your style is a little bit more bohemian, this might be the perfect look for you heading into fall. Easy, breezy, and oh so cool! This great top from Ruche (www.ruche.com) is perfect for concealing anything extra in your mid-section (if you know what I mean) and the fringe bag is oh so big for fall.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
Here is volume 2 as promised! It's so hard for me to choose, but I was finally able to narrow it down.
1. Love this sherling vest from Piperlime, enough said. (http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=64448&vid=1&pid=608724&scid=608724002)
2. Menswear inspired shoes are hot this fall, and I think these sueded oxfords from Old Navy are so cool (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55148&vid=1&pid=857820&scid=857820012)
3. Lace is another big trend for fall, which I adore, and it's also totally timeless. This top from Hollister is beautiful on its own or would be great layered underneath a blazer or cardigan, work or weekend! (http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10201&storeId=10251&langId=-1&categoryId=12628&parentCategoryId=16412&topCategoryId=12552&productId=834487
4. Bow tie blouses continue to be big, and I love this printed one from Piperlime. Super cute tucked in some higher waisted jeans, or a pencil skirt for work. Very classy and chic(http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=64478&vid=1&pid=888923&scid=888923002)
5. This is a great skinny jean for those of us who can not and should not do the low-rise jean thing any longer. The sweetheart skinny jean from Old Navy has a higher waist, but still the skinny jean effect. The uniform dark wash is perfect, and so is the price. They also some in tall and petites. (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=71455&vid=1&pid=781348&scid=781348032)
6. My final pick is this neck tie belt. I have a fettish with belts and this one from Lands End Canvas has me drooling. It also comes in a super cute stripe pattern. It totally satisfies my preppy itch! (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/NecktieBelt~226980_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PDX&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-ShoesAccessories-_-Belts&origin=index)
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
It's that time again! I love this outfit (shorts and tee from the Gap) for the first day of school, with lots of great interchangeable pieces.
Make sure you become a Real Life. Real Style facebook fan (by clicking the like button on the blog) so you receive notices in your facebook news feed whenever I update the blog or share a coupon on facebook.
Happy back to school shopping!
Saturday, August 20, 2011
1. Plaid scarf from American Eagle - awesome with a blazer, t-shirt or button down shirt.
2. Polka dot chambray shirt by Lands End Canvas - I'm a sucker for polka dots, and love this twist on a classic chambray shirt. I can totally picture this with dark denim jeans and a bright red or pink belt. Would also be cute with chinos or white jeans.
3. Earrings by Stella and Dot - These will punch up any outfit. I bought these myself and love them! Wear them all the time.
4. Shorts from the Gap - I really want to try a pair of shorts for fall, I think they're so cute with tights or leggings. Maybe this will be the pair.
5. Blouse from Boden - I adore this blouse! Beautiful tucked in with a higher waisted flare jean and wedge, or dress slacks for work.
6. Brown suede wedge from the Loft - so classic and cute barefoot or with trouser socks. Wear with pretty much anything!
Monday, August 15, 2011
Love this outfit for my plus size friends! This just proves that you don't have to be a size 2 to look fabulous! Baggy clothes aren't always the answer. You just need to know how to dress your shape.
Blazers and jean skirts are great classic staples for your closet, but are also really "in" right now. They work great on all body shapes (it's just the length and cut that gets tweaked for different shapes), and can really take an outfit up a notch. This outfit will take you well in to fall with a few minor edits, such as tights and boots, and eventually switching out the coral tank for something a little heavier.
If you need help styling your plus size body for fall, send me a message at email@example.com, I'd love to help you!
Thursday, August 11, 2011
It's time to get ready for the weekend! I love the color of this turquoise dress from Old Navy so much I almost bought it myself. Great summer dress for date night, church, or heading out to a concert. This dress will also wear really well into fall with some tights. Isn't the clutch too cute? Great way to go for a name brand like Fossil, without having to spend the bigger bucks - buy it in the smaller version,. =)
It's time to start thinking about fall, whether we like it or not. Stay tuned, in the next couple of weeks I'll be posting some of my favorite new things for fall. Also, don't forget that if you need help purging your closet, as well as some inspiration for what to add to your wardrobe for this next season, message me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, August 8, 2011
Getting to run some errands? Here's a cute and functional outfit for all that running around today. This top from Old Navy also transitions great into fall with white or denim jeans, a great cream, turquoise, or grey cardigan. You could trade in the sandals for a cute little flat and you've got multiple outfit ideas! Happy errand running!
Monday, August 1, 2011
Here is a great summer office look that will also transition really well into fall. This outfit is full of great classic pieces that you can mix and match with many other things in your closet - nude pumps, berry cardigan (great with white oxford or cami, statement necklace, jeans), plack patent purse (goes with everything!), camel trousers, leopard print blouse (great with dark denim, black pants, pencil skirt, black blazer). So much potential, so little time!